Dead child, Linux 1.2.8

Post by Michael Gaskil » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Help, I've installed Linux 1.2.8. Installation went fine. However when
I reboot, just after the partition check I get an infinitely looping
error, "child 'process id' died with code ff00". The process id starts
at 0 and increments with every loop. Can somebody help me with this.
Thanks..

Dead child, Linux 1.2.8

Post by Michael Mathe » Sat, 14 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Help, I've installed Linux 1.2.8. Installation went fine. However when
: I reboot, just after the partition check I get an infinitely looping
: error, "child 'process id' died with code ff00". The process id starts
: at 0 and increments with every loop. Can somebody help me with this.
: Thanks.

Me too...  Exact same problem..  I've tried TWO different slackware dists.
One 6 months old and one two days old...  I've also tried old and new
kernels.  I think the init process keeps dying.  (It mounts root fs and
then when the init process tries to run is when these messages start.)
or something the init process LAUNCHES dies, i dunno..  didn't know where
to go from here...

-Mike

1. Dead child Linux 1.2.8

Help, Installed linux 1.2.8, installation went just fine. When I
reboot, just after the partition check, I get a looping error
"child 'process id' died with code ff00". The process id starts at 0
and increments with every loop. Can somebody help with this.
Thanks.

2. krb_err.c bugfix and snake Makefile bugfix

3. IDE Disk Dead Dead Dead after X Config

4. WINS/DHCP Type server

5. Async on AIX 3.2 on 220 DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!!

6. _sfdep_ and depends

7. Getting a child and child's child process-id

8. driver for a peritek frame buffer?

9. Determining if a child is dead

10. How a child tell if a parent is alive/dead ?

11. How does a parent process know his child process dead?

12. How can daemon be sure children are dead?