libncurses.so.1.9.9e: problems with colors

libncurses.so.1.9.9e: problems with colors

Post by Bruno Boettch » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello
I have just recompiled the ncurses library on my linux 2.0.18ELF system.
When trying the test programs, some tests fail, and in any case i get (when
used) the message that my terminal doesn't support colors, even if the dir
command produced a nice coloured output....
so what's going wrong?

--
ciao

Post by T.E.Dick » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Hello
: I have just recompiled the ncurses library on my linux 2.0.18ELF system.
: When trying the test programs, some tests fail, and in any case i get (when
: used) the message that my terminal doesn't support colors, even if the dir
: command produced a nice coloured output....
: so what's going wrong?

two problems (I ought to post an FAQ):

        + 1.9.9e is BROKEN: it doesn't refresh forms/menus correctly

        + you (probably) used the default configuration parameters, that
          enable termcap support and make the prefix set to /usr/local.

          So the app can't find /usr/lib/terminfo, converts /etc/termcap
          into ~/.terminfo (and that'll be missing some parts, such as
          color support).

So:
        Try the current beta at

                ftp.clark.net:/pub/dickey/ncurses

        (the refresh bug is fixed there)

        and rebuild/reinstall:

                configure --with-prefix=/usr --disable-termcap

        and don't forget:

                rm -rf ~/.terminfo

--
Thomas E.*ey

Post by Juergen Schlegelmil » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>      So the app can't find /usr/lib/terminfo, converts /etc/termcap
>      into ~/.terminfo (and that'll be missing some parts, such as
>      color support).

>So:
>    Try the current beta at

>            ftp.clark.net:/pub/dickey/ncurses

>    (the refresh bug is fixed there)

>    and rebuild/reinstall:

>            configure --with-prefix=/usr --disable-termcap

I followed the instructions, and now it complains about being
unable to open terminal linux (although the terminfo database
is installed in /usr/lib/terminfo, and contains an entry
l/linux). The exact error message is

  Error opening terminal: linux.

when I try to start any of the test programs. I don't know
whether I have to configure something, but I expected them
to run out of the box...

  Juergen

Post by Juergen Schlegelmil » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>I followed the instructions, and now it complains about being
>unable to open terminal linux (although the terminfo database
>is installed in /usr/lib/terminfo, and contains an entry
>l/linux). The exact error message is

>  Error opening terminal: linux.

>when I try to start any of the test programs. I don't know
>whether I have to configure something, but I expected them
>to run out of the box...

It turned out to be my fault: the terminfo database is now in
/usr/share, while it was previously in /usr/lib. The 'make install'
would have corrected things, and a simple link made the demos run
ok. In short: the interim release works fine for me!

  Juergen

libncurses.so.1.9.9e: problems with colors

Post by Naiming Sh » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Just got a EtherPCI LAN Card from LinkSys, does not see Linux listed
as one of the supported OS. I appreciate if anyone can send me the
experience configuring this Card with Linux OS. Thanks in advance.

Naiming Shen

1. problems with ncurses.1.9.9e

I have successfully (i.e. without any errors or warnings) complied
ncurses.1.9.9e on my system and know it says my terminal does not support
color. the terminal being the Linux console. I got the termcapfix.txt from
sunsite. but that didn't fix it. The version before worked fine. Does

ps..i have updated to latest gcc compiler and libs and binutils.x.x.03 not
09

2. stripe width

3. ncurses 1.9.9e stdscr refresh

4. linux<=samba=ppp=>win95

5. HELP!!ibmenu.so.1.9.9e has inconsistent

6. 6.0 installation--HELP!!

7. ncurses 1.9.9e/shared lib

8. Wich-One on Diamond Fire GL 3000 ?

9. ncurses 1.9.9e-9

10. NCURSES 1.9.9e: tegtent:warning: termcap entry to long

11. /usr/lib/libmenu.so.1.9.9e has inconsistent soname

12. ncurses 1.9.8a: Colour support?

13. ncurses 1.9.1c ignores default background color?