Raising the hard limit of max. fd

Post by Gilad Ga » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how I can raise the hard limit of open file
dascriptors for a process?

The hard limit given by ulimit -Ha is 256, which complies with the
number found in limits.h in the kernel source.

I tried to change the number in the file and recompile, but the number
stays 256.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,

Gilad.

System Manager, VocalTec Ltd.     phone: +972-9-9525823

1. Raising the hard limit of max. fd

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how I can raise the hard limit of open file
dascriptors for a process?

The hard limit given by ulimit -Ha is 256, which complies with the
number found in limits.h in the kernel source.

I tried to change the number in the file and recompile, but the number
stays 256.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,

Gilad.

System Manager, VocalTec Ltd.     phone: +972-9-9525823

2. Macronix MX987xx NIC-driver needed!!

3. raising fd limit

4. DOSemu problems with mouse

5. (Shared Memory Limits) Raise max number of segments per process

6. damn floppy!

7. Using accept() when max FD limit has been reached

8. Public_html

9. Limiting max load and max netuse

10. Limit of MAX VGs and MAX FileSystems per machine

11. Raising FD number

12. Max # of sockets in linux? How to raise?

13. Help: Raising max open file limitation in Red Hat5.1