Help please: Lost Iso9660 support after recompiling kernel

Help please: Lost Iso9660 support after recompiling kernel

Post by Diderich Buch, InfoStream A » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this: BTW, I'm running RH 5.1
"out of the box."

Today I was on my way to install i4l but obivously needed to be able to
compile the kernel,
so I installed the kernel-source-rpm from the CD.  I the recompiled my
kernel and to my surprise I now no longer have iso9660 support.

1) I've gone through "Make menuconfig" and checked, and my IDE ATAPI
drive is enabled,
    FS ISO9960 is enabled (yes) as well.  But nope, doesn't work.

2) I tried to set ISO9660 as Module (M) and recompiled but nope, still
doesn't work.

3) /proc/filesystems doesn't mention iso9660 at all..

Any good ideas please?

Thanks in advance
db

1. Linux newbie lost mouse in Xfree86 after recompiling kernel, need help to help himOne

Hi!

One of my colleagues has a problem. He recompiled the kernel of his
RedHat 5.0 Linux. The new kernel works fine, but X cannot find the
mouse. GPM works, and he used

/usr/sbin/mouseconfig

to detect the type of mouse. After that he verified that the settings in
/etc/X11/XF86config were OK. If he boots the old kernel it still works.

I have no idea about this! If gpm works, and /usr/sbin/mouseconfig is
OK, then I presume that the kernel is handling the mouse properly.

Someone having any suggestions? My friend realizes that he could just
reinstall the system to get the kernel options he needs. But I don't
want to make him feel 'burned 'on a kernel  recompile.

Erik Kaffehr

2. HP LaserJet 8000 DN

3. After recompiling kernel with PPP support, pppd says the kernel has no PPP support!

4. Adelphia Power Link 2-way Cable Internet Connection

5. HELP: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

6. Xwindows problem

7. HELP PLEASE: Lost Kernel Hostname HELP

8. MMAP without flushing to disk?

9. Help please- recompiled 1.3.18 kernel wont boot....

10. Recompiled my Kernel, but X won't start anymore..help please!!?

11. Please Help: Problems after recompiling kernel

12. PPP support lost on recompile

13. Kernel Recompile Woes (any version), please help !