IP filtering setup

Post by cron » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi all

I need to call some ipfwadm scripts on system start.  The firewall
how-to says to call the scripts from /etc/rc.d.  Which file under
/etc/rc.d would be the best to call these scripts?  Please email.

Thanks.

IP filtering setup

Post by Michael F. Hogset » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all

> I need to call some ipfwadm scripts on system start.  The firewall
> how-to says to call the scripts from /etc/rc.d.  Which file under
> /etc/rc.d would be the best to call these scripts?  Please email.

> Thanks.

I created a file called rc.firewall in /etc/rc.d/

I call this file from rc.local (in etc/rc.d/) with these lines;

if [ -f /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall]; then
        . /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall
fi

In english this says if rc.firewall exists and is a regular file then
execute the file in the current shell.

Good Luck,

Mike Hogsett
--
"In the valley of the blind the one-eyed man is king."
to reply :  remove the anti-SPAM "NOSPAM" from my email address

SPAMMERS BEWARE:

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets  the definition of a telephone fax machine.

By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited
adverti*t to such equipment, punishable by action to recover
actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each
violation.

1. IP Filter/IP NAT vs IPFW/NATD

I got a serious problem here... I used to be under IPFW/NATD, but I decided
to give a try to IP Filter/IP NAT... It turns out that IP Filter fixes the
forwarding problem I had with IPFW, but I can't get the IRC DCC connections
to work under IP Filter/IP NAT (I can't send DCCs), whereas I could do it
with NATD (by using the "-use_sockets yes" and "-sameports yes" switches)...
Are there equivalents for IPNAT ?

My computer is on a reserved address (192.168.0.42) and using a FreeBSD
gateway (192.168.0.100)
* Les ames peuvent revenir de n'importe ou pour venir hanter le net  *
DarkSoul EPITA SUP E2

2. Seeking NCSA Old Timers

3. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

4. Help: X config on Toshiba T4850CT (WD 90c24/90c24A)

5. Help with setup of IP-IP Tunnel on linux

6. How to Connect to ISP in Linux - scripts.zip (1/1)

7. Static IP network setup with a dynamic dial-up IP from ISP

8. Diamond Stealth 64 PCI S3-968 VRAM and XFree86

9. Anyone have generic sed-like filter setup for yacc and lex?

10. How to setup lp filter for lpr to UNIX printer

11. Help regarding filter setup

12. HP LASERJET4L SETUP and FILTERS.

13. Proper perfect filter setup for xircom_tulip_cb.c