disk druid and red hat 6.2

disk druid and red hat 6.2

Post by dirtydo.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



i know this group is more 4 those choosing a
platform but i am taking a chance someone may
beable to give me the help i so desprately need
or can direct me to where i can find the info i
need.
I have downloaded and began installation of red
hat 6.2 - i used fdisk format a pc HD (19 gig)
once you partition the drive into linux native
parts (root, swap, var, ect.) red hat install
drops you into druid to finish up formating the
partitions - the problem arises here i have no OK
button.  Only buttons i have are: add, edit,
delete, reset, and a back button on the lower
right of screen.  i have specified mount points
and everything but i can not get to the next
step.  Am i missing something, is there a way to
format and mount partitions through linux
fdisk??  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Damon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

disk druid and red hat 6.2

Post by Chie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



[snip]

Quote:>step.  Am i missing something, is there a way to
>format and mount partitions through linux
>fdisk??  any help would be greatly appreciated.

No need for fdisk.

You can do it all with DiskDruid.

--
LGB.

"Christ's sakes, LGB. If we shot the loons, you'd be dead right now."

 
 
 

disk druid and red hat 6.2

Post by dirtydo.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00





the dudes:
> [snip]
> >step.  Am i missing something, is there a way to
> >format and mount partitions through linux
> >fdisk??  any help would be greatly appreciated.

> No need for fdisk.

> You can do it all with DiskDruid.

> --
> LGB.

> "Christ's sakes, LGB. If we shot the loons, you'd be dead right now."
>the disk druid i downloaded does not have an OK button.  only add,

edit, delete, ect. but no OK or Next so after partitioning, mounting,
ect. their is no way to proceed.  ?????
D

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

disk druid and red hat 6.2

Post by spiroux200 » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Try F12.
 
 
 

disk druid and red hat 6.2

Post by Eric » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



> i know this group is more 4 those choosing a
> platform but i am taking a chance someone may
> beable to give me the help i so desprately need
> or can direct me to where i can find the info i
> need.
> I have downloaded and began installation of red
> hat 6.2 - i used fdisk format a pc HD (19 gig)
> once you partition the drive into linux native
> parts (root, swap, var, ect.) red hat install
> drops you into druid to finish up formating the
> partitions - the problem arises here i have no OK
> button.  Only buttons i have are: add, edit,
> delete, reset, and a back button on the lower
> right of screen.  i have specified mount points
> and everything but i can not get to the next
> step.  Am i missing something, is there a way to
> format and mount partitions through linux
> fdisk??  any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Kind regards,
> Damon

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Someone else answered this in another thread, I think.
(At least it looks like the same problem to me)
You have probably not made a / directory (the root directory).
This is not the same a /root , which is the "home-directory"
of the root user.
The naming is bit confusing, so a /root directory is not the
root directory, the root directory is /

Don't you just love this naming stuff :-)

Eric