Debian, XFree, and APM

Post by cver.. » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

How do you turn on the APM features of XFree 3.2?  I'm using Debian 1.3.1.
Specifically, I wan to enable the power saving mode on my monitor whenever
the screen goes blank.  Any other power saving tips would be appreciated.
--
Public PGP key: http://mfrisch.rogerswave.ca/~cvernon/cvpgp.txt

Debian, XFree, and APM

Post by J.H.M. Dass » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>How do you turn on the APM features of XFree 3.2?  I'm using Debian
>1.3.1.  Specifically, I wan to enable the power saving mode on my
>monitor whenever the screen goes blank.  Any other power saving tips
>would be appreciated.

Check out the manpage for "xset":
: s       The s option lets you set the screen saver parameters. For XFree86,
:         it also allows setting the power saver parameters.[...]

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.