Cyrix upgrade chip

Post by Bill Krzys » Tue, 07 Mar 1995 20:53:15

I am running Linux on a 386sx with a Cyrix 486 upgrade snap-on chip. Do I
still need to add a patch to my kernel to activate the on-board cache?
Thanks.
Bill Krzysko

Cyrix upgrade chip

Post by Paul Gortmak » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 14:47:59

>I am running Linux on a 386sx with a Cyrix 486 upgrade snap-on chip. Do I
>still need to add a patch to my kernel to activate the on-board cache?

No patching required -- get cyrix-1.00.tar.gz from your local ftp site
and read the enclosed documentation.

Paul.

1. Cyrix upgrade chips & Unix

We are running Interactive Systems Unix on a DX386-33, and I'm looking
into upgrading to a 486 via a Cyrix upgrade processor.  Has anyone had
experience using these chips in a Unix environment?  I've successfully
installed a few of the chips on DOS workstations, and they work great.

Thanks!

-= John =-

PS - If you want to e-mail me (preferred), please mail direct to

appending junk on my return address... thanks again!

----

2. Adaptec's UltraDMA RAID card and Linux?

3. 33Mhz ->66Mhz Cyrix upgrade chip on Compac M w Linux

4. Sound Problems !!

5. Cyrix upgrade chip & Linux

6. telnet from within a shell script

7. Cyrix 386 -> 486 upgrade chip: Will this work?

8. FIDOGATE 3.6 --- FIDO-Internet gateway

9. Cyrix chip upgrade: I tried it out.

10. Cyrix P166 chip?

11. Anything a Cyrix chip won't do?

12. Patch for the Cyrix 386/486 Chips?