HELP? Slackware 2.3 UMSDS144 install

Post by Yaakov Kaym » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I've READ the INSTALL-HOWTO, AND the UMS(DOS) document, such as it exists,
I've copied the A, D, I, and Oop1 disksets to an MS-DOS SLACKWAR directory.
My Bootkernel is IDECD144, and my Rootdisk is UMSDS144. NOW what do I do
to setup/install Linux TO the MS-DOS partition, and what must I do in order
to RUN it ***FROM*** the MS-DOS partition?

PLEASE help! I want to learn Unix via this system, and time's a-wastin'.

Yaakov K.

Post by Iain MacDonne » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: I've READ the INSTALL-HOWTO, AND the UMS(DOS) document, such as it exists,
: I've copied the A, D, I, and Oop1 disksets to an MS-DOS SLACKWAR directory.
: My Bootkernel is IDECD144, and my Rootdisk is UMSDS144. NOW what do I do
: to setup/install Linux TO the MS-DOS partition, and what must I do in order
: to RUN it ***FROM*** the MS-DOS partition?

Run the setup program that comes on the umsdos root disk .. it sorts it
all out for you ... couldn't be simpler. You should install a kernel with
umsdos support, so when you boot, it will use your dos partition as umsdos.
Just run setup and follow it through ....

    ~D..
--
+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
|       +44 (0) 589 202939        |   http://shimoda.cis.temple.edu/dseven   |

43rd Law of Computing:                            recur'sion:
        Anything that can go wr                       noun 1 : [see recursion]
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped

Perl is the only language you can uuencode and still have something which
works but unfortunately does something else.                   (~Daniel Moore)

1. One more time : Help installing compressed libs Slackware 2.3

Greetings to all.

        Thought I'd try for help one more time with my problem.  I am trying
to install the compressed libraries from sunsite on my Linux Slackware 2.3
box.  I am obivously doing something wrong, because everytime I try it, I end
up having to reinstall my entire Linux setup.  If someone could give me
step-by-step instructions on how to do this, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Glen Miller

2. Linux Test Project (LTP) - April 2002 Release.

3. Unable to install Slackware 2.3 on my PC, help!!

4. NEWBIE NEEDS HELP!!

5. help on install slackware 2.3 cdrom

6. Gentoo mirrors slower than running through fudge?

7. HELP : INSTALLING SLACKWARE 2.3 ON SCSI-2 COMPAQ DEKPRO 5133 XL

8. Crypto Accelerator - force it

9. I can't install Linux slackware 2.3

10. Installing Slackware 2.3 via Trantor Parallel SCSI Cable

11. Reveal 4XCD-ROM & Slackware 2.3 CD-ROM Install

12. Trying to install Slackware 2.3

13. IBM ValuePoint; Slackware 2.3 install failure.