PLEASE HelpME

Post by Paul Kimo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> So that I can't start with startx; (Config file not found or something like
> that)

There are programs that will help you write an appropriate config file:
XF86Setup and xf86config.  See the XFree86 HOWTO for some advice
(http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/XFree86-HOWTO.html; mirrors listed at
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/mirrors.html).

--

PLEASE HelpME

Post by os.goulmi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I've just bought the REDHAT 5.2 fr (Yes, I'm french nobody's perfect...)
and I encounter problems to config my video card during the installation
process...
So that I can't start with startx; (Config file not found or something like
that)
My card is a Trident * 5424 and it run on a Toshiba sat. 4030CDS.
I'm a beginner and I'm completely lost...

Anyone can help me ?

PLEASE HelpME

Post by Cowo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I've just bought the REDHAT 5.2 fr (Yes, I'm french nobody's perfect...)
and why? :-)
>and I encounter problems to config my video card during the installation
>process...
>So that I can't start with startx; (Config file not found or something like
>that)
>My card is a Trident * 5424 and it run on a Toshiba sat. 4030CDS.
>I'm a beginner and I'm completely lost...

>Anyone can help me ?

Ok first read some HOWTOS (Xfree86-HOWTO ecc.)
To configure your card and monitor and to create the
config file cast /usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator as root (simple graphic interface)
or, better, /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config (textual). The file created is
/etc/X11/XF86Config
Good luck!
        Giuseppe

1. please helpme install LINUX

hi, im trying to install redhat5.1 or suse5.2 i bought both, and i
cant.
i have a board intel tx + intel 166mmx + 32Mb dimm + creative labs
exxtreme 4Mb + samsung scr3231 cd-rom + maxtor 8,4 Gb HD + aztech pci
56kflex modem.
i boot from the redhat or suse cd, with redhat a screen is showed to
begin installation i hit enter, it begins to load the kernel and
suddenly a reboot happens, with suse is the same.
can someone helpme on this because i realy want to use LINUX.

P.S. sorry i forget to tell that i have installed windows98 with fat32

thank's

Ricardo J. G. Nunes

2. rinetd & ipchains

3. i simply can install linux, please helpme

4. Can't connect to my PPC Linux box

5. please helpme install LINUX

6. Xwindows and NEC Monitor HELP

7. NO-CDrom-please, helpme!!!

8. Vote of appreciation

9. PLEASE HelpME

10. i simply can install linux, please helpme

11. please helpme install LINUX

12. Helpme please on firewalls ... :(

13. Helpme please. Sendmail