Xwindows problem

Post by Andy » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm getting this error when i type "startx"  Is it because linux does not
support my video card chipset?

(--) SVGA: unable to open /dev/agpgart: No such device

Fatal server error:
aborting

I have a Dell Optiflex GX 110 /w a onboard video card.  The video card has
the following spec:

Intel(R) 810e Chipset Graphics Driver (DC133 FSB133)
Graphics and Video
Graphics architecture Intel Dynamic Video Memory (DVM) technology
Graphics accelerator Intel Direct Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) 2D and 3D
graphics accelerator
Display cache 4-MB, 133-MHz synchronous dynamic random-access memory (SDRAM)
Graphics memory Dynamically assigned from system memory
Video resolutions 800 x 600 pixels; 85-hertz (Hz) refresh rate with 16.7
million colors
1024 x 786 pixels; 85-Hz refresh rate with 64,000 colors
1280 x 1024 pixels; 85-Hz refresh rate with 256 colors
1600 x 1200 pixels; 75-Hz refresh rate with 256 colors

Thanks in advance,
Andy
Software Engineer
Broadcom Corporation

Xwindows problem

Post by sylvain hutchiso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You need to install a specific driver for it, I had the same problem with my
onboard video card, although a different one. I also have a Dell at work, might
be a coincidence, might not be, but, I don't know where you can download this
driver, but once I installed it on my PC, Startx worked perfectly.

sly.

> I'm getting this error when i type "startx"  Is it because linux does not
> support my video card chipset?

> (--) SVGA: unable to open /dev/agpgart: No such device

> Fatal server error:
> aborting

> I have a Dell Optiflex GX 110 /w a onboard video card.  The video card has
> the following spec:

> Intel(R) 810e Chipset Graphics Driver (DC133 FSB133)
> Graphics and Video
> Graphics architecture Intel Dynamic Video Memory (DVM) technology
> Graphics accelerator Intel Direct Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) 2D and 3D
> graphics accelerator
> Display cache 4-MB, 133-MHz synchronous dynamic random-access memory (SDRAM)
> Graphics memory Dynamically assigned from system memory
> Video resolutions 800 x 600 pixels; 85-hertz (Hz) refresh rate with 16.7
> million colors
> 1024 x 786 pixels; 85-Hz refresh rate with 64,000 colors
> 1280 x 1024 pixels; 85-Hz refresh rate with 256 colors
> 1600 x 1200 pixels; 75-Hz refresh rate with 256 colors

> Thanks in advance,
> Andy
> Software Engineer
> Broadcom Corporation

Xwindows problem

Post by nosp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

you can find the drivers for the 810e chipset at
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxpredrivr.htm

I've installed it on a similar machine, suse 6.4, kernel 2.2.16 and get a similar
error -

(--) SVGA: error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO): Invalid argument
Fatal server error:
aborting

your missing /dev/agpgart error should be corrected by the above install - it does
get setup. I wish I knew where my invalid argument was coming from though.

- Steve

> You need to install a specific driver for it, I had the same problem with my
> onboard video card, although a different one. I also have a Dell at work, might
> be a coincidence, might not be, but, I don't know where you can download this
> driver, but once I installed it on my PC, Startx worked perfectly.

> sly.

> > I'm getting this error when i type "startx"  Is it because linux does not
> > support my video card chipset?

> > (--) SVGA: unable to open /dev/agpgart: No such device

> > Fatal server error:
> > aborting

Xwindows problem

Post by nosp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Oops. The correct url is
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm
Sorry.

- Steve

Xwindows problem

Post by nosp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Okay - my problem was not recompiling the module as specified by Intel,
Andy you should get things up and working by following the intel link,
they also have a discussion group if you run into more difficulties.

- Steve

> Oops. The correct url is
> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm
> Sorry.

> - Steve

1. Big Xwindows Problem

Every time i exit X windows my system freezes and my screen turns black. The
system isn't responding at all not even when i try to kill the server with
Ctrl - Alt - Backspace.
I had some problems with my vid card(diamond stealth II s220)
but i've upgrades to the new XFree86 (almost the whole package)
In this new version my card is support by the XF_SVGA server.

I'm running Redhat Linux 5.2 on a Pentium 166 MMX
64 MB SDRAM
1.2 GB Western Digital   (LINUX)
6.4 GB Quantum              (WIN 95)

Can someone help me.

thnx

Peter van der Werff

2. NewGuy

3. XWindows Problem

4. Does perfmeter show disk usage properly?

5. Xwindow problem

6. Secure Shell (SSH) - commercial or free - available for AIX??

7. gpm and Xwindows problem

8. Non-contiguous files msg. on boot?

9. Xwindows problem with SiS6326 with LCD monitor

10. Help Xwindows Problem !!

11. Xwindows problem(complete newbie)

12. Xwindows problem.. Need help!

13. Xwindows problem