Solution for SoundBlaster and sndconfig problems

Solution for SoundBlaster and sndconfig problems

Post by Joost van Stuyvenbe » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I had a few problems using sndconfig for my SB16 (non-PnP). RedHat
support showed me what to do, and I decided to put this on a page.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jstuyven/sb16.html

If you also encounter problems with Xconfigurator probing for your
video card (Diamond and others), you might take a look at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jstuyven/stealth.html

Possibly these pages are useful for you.

Regards,

Joost

For IC-R10 information:

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~jstuyven/r10

Joost van Stuyvenberg
Utrecht, The Netherlands

1. Soundblaster 16 sndconfig Problem

Hi,

I could not get my Ensoniq Wavetable Sound Card to work in RedHat Linux
5.1 (even though it worked fine in 4.2).  So I got a Soundblaster 16
card and installed that instead.  It's wokring better, but it's still
not quite right.  I can play CDs fine, but I can't seem to get any other
sounds (Doom, RealAudio, .wav files, etc.) to work.  For those other
sounds, I get a variety of error messages suggesting that the IRQ and/or
DMAs are not properly set.  I used RedHat's sndconfig to configure the
card.  In Windows (where everything works fine), the settings are:

        I/O Port - 220
        IRQ - 05
        DMA - 01
        DMA - 03

In the sndconfig tool, it's impossible to choose DMAs 01 and 03 at the
same time--for the 8-bit DMA, I can choose 0, 1, or 3, and for the
16-bit DMA, I can choose 5, 6, or 7.  I have tried it with the 8-bit DMA
as both 1 and 3 (with the 16-bit DMA as 5 in both cases), and I've had
the same problems in both cases.

Do I have to recompile the kernel?  And if so, exactly which options do
I choose?

Thanks,
Morgan

2. a new SCSI driver

3. Solution to RH6.0 ES1371 sox/sndconfig problem

4. nvidia treiber funzen nach reboot nicht mehr

5. sndconfig and Soundblaster AWE64.

6. Russian Fonts

7. Soundblaster pnp 16 & sndconfig

8. Can I send out an ethernet packet with over 1500 bytes in linux ?

9. Problems using Soundblaster 64 AWE in RH Linux 6.0 (A Solution!)

10. sndconfig and soundcore.o solution

11. soundcard SoundBlaster PCI128 or SoundBlaster live1024 problem

12. Matrox Mystique ands X.

13. Soundblaster Live! Solutions!!!!!