HELP!! What does mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered meens??

HELP!! What does mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered meens??

Post by Sander Do » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

When i try to mount a fs from one to another linux box i get the message
as described in the subject. I checked all relevant config files, and
they seem(?) to be Okay.

Any answers anybody??

Greetings,
Sander

Post by William R. Matti » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> When i try to mount a fs from one to another linux box i get the message
> as described in the subject. I checked all relevant config files, and
> they seem(?) to be Okay.

> Any answers anybody??

> Greetings,
> Sander

The usual answer here is that the permissions (/tec/hosts.allow or
/etc/hosts.deny) or equivalance between the two systems is not setup
correctly. Another option is to just blindly export the nfs to the
entire universe :^) not exactly a good idea, but for a cdrom drive it
won't hurt anything.

Hope this helps
Regards
Bill
--
William R. Mattil       | Fred Astaire wasn't so great.

(972) 256-3219          | and... in high heels.

Post by Fuzzy F » Sun, 21 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> When i try to mount a fs from one to another linux box i get the
> message as described in the subject.  I checked all relevant config
> files, and they seem(?) to be Okay.

Well, they're not okay.  :)

RPC is the method that the machines use to talk to each other.  A
program "registers" with a daemon called 'portmap' so that other
computers will know how to contact it.  You can view these registrations
with the "rpcinfo -p" command.  Try "rpcinfo -p hostname" to see what
programs are registered on a remote host.

The program in this particular instance is probably either "mountd" or
"nfsd".  I suspect it's "mountd".  What this means is that you are not
running the proper server daemons on your remote host, so it tells you
the "program is not registered."

--

   "The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but
    that men will begin to think like computers."  --Sydney J. Harris

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. libjpeg and redhat 5.1

3. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. Free SNMP monitoring tool that understands the SUN MIB?

5. mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

6. Adding HD - copying linux over to new

7. zsh prompt question

8. mount clntudp_create:RPC:Program not registered

9. ERROR:mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

10. mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

11. clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

12. mount: RPC program not registered. Help please