XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

Post by Lace » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm running SLACKWARE 3.0 and I'm having a very difficult time setting
up the X-window.  I keep getting these areas listed below, look through
the man pages but to no avail, changing options and not knowing what
options are the problem, even using my hardware description of the
devices.  Anyway listed below are my describtions of hardware for the
mouse, monitor and video card.

Mouse: PS-2 mouse with 3-button(generic)

Video Card: RIVA TNT (AGP) w/16mb ram

Errors:
Fatal Server Error
Mouse not found (Device or Resource Busy)
initrc file or directory not found

I follow the xf86config defaults when asking where to put the symbolic
links for the /usr/X11R6/bin

Help is needed, tks in advance
--
Kevin Lacey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. Y2k

3. net-2 woes (was upgrade woes)

4. restricted FTP id

5. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

6. kernel upgrade masquerading problem

7. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

8. Help installing lilo

9. Toshiba Satellite 4005CDS & Serial I/O Woes

10. sendmail+IDA & SLIP woes

11. 2.6 & DHCP woes

12. tulip IRQ woes & tulip-diag

13. Plug & Play Woes