1. win95 killed lilo on scsi drive. Please help!
Well, I just recently got win95 going, after about 8 hours of hardware
problems. I decided to do a few things in linux, so I tried booting, and
I'm using 1.3.14 and have a 2940W w/st15150W. Everything works perfectly
till after installing win95.
I use bootmanager from OS2/Warp. I have my msdos/win95 and linux
partitions on the bootmanager list.
After installing win95 I successfully reactivated bootmanager.
Linux comes up with the first line(something like 'Lilo Loading vmlinuz').
Usually some '....' appear after that and it decompresses it into memory,
but it stops there. Just a hang, not a halt. I can reboot and numlock
I tried using my bootdisk that I made, it goes fine until after
partitions check when it tries to mount root:
< more parts >
[MS-DOS FS Rel. 12,FAT 0, check=n,conv=n,uid=0,gid=0,umask=022,bmap]
Transaction block size 512k
HPFS: hpfs_read_super: Not HPFS
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01
This is the message is gives.
I have the slackware setup disks from ftp.infomagic.com and can at least
access my scsi drive. I can mount all my drives successfully and a
e2fsck on them yield an 'ok.' I edited my fstab to just be the root
parition, no go.
I tried to install lilo again on that device(/dev/sda6--my root): ran
liloconfig and asked for new setup, did all that, it didn't complain, but
didn't change anything from what I already said.
Of course I'm thinking about just copying that stuff over and then
reinstalling a base ai1 ai2 from ftp.infomagic.com...But I think I'm just
doing something wrong.
Why does everyone put stupid stuff like encryption PGP's and such down here?
2. DPT PM3224 SmartRaid and 1.2.13
3. Help : win95 killed LILO
4. Overriding memory protection
5. help: killed win95 partition with lilo
6. Using an HP Printer on Sun Solaris
7. Win95 killed my LILO!
8. Message for firstname.lastname@example.org
9. reinstalling win95 killed my lilo boot stuff?!?!
10. Win95 killed my LILO
11. LILO with two Win95 copies of Win95...
12. Caldera Linux: LILO win95 tag does not start win95
13. LILO+BM+Win95 mostly ok, 2nd LILO hosed by booting Linux?