How to install Ethernet card?

Post by chrona.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am very newbie to linux. I have red those how-to files (NET &
Ethernet), but haven't been able to figure out how to install an
ethernet card on the system... Can somebody give me help on this one?
It's 3COM EthernetIII 509B on RedHat 6.0. Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

How to install Ethernet card?

Post by Michael Nejd » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What distrobution?

> I am very newbie to linux. I have red those how-to files (NET &
> Ethernet), but haven't been able to figure out how to install an
> ethernet card on the system... Can somebody give me help on this one?
> It's 3COM EthernetIII 509B on RedHat 6.0. Thanks in advance.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Newbie Installing Ethernet card after inital install

I installed redhat v5.0 but during the installation it would not detect
eth0. The ethernet card is a cheap ne2000 pci card irq=11 io=6200(auto
assigned through the bios). I could change these settings but I'm not
sure what to expect if I did, would probe auto find it?  How do I
install the network card without having to reinstall redhat. I figured
theire must be a way.

Thank in advance
Mark

2. E-MU APS

3. Can't Install Ethernet Card after Linux is already Installed

4. Restricted shell

5. Trouble installing Ethernet card...need help!!!!

6. Hacking root's password

7. Installing Ethernet card

8. HP Deskjet 660C printcap file needed.

9. Installing Ethernet Card (501-1881) on SparcStation 2

10. installing ethernet card

11. Problems installing Ethernet Card

12. Install ethernet card in Linux