screen saver for redhat6.0 logon screen

Post by Neil McFadye » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is there a way to have a screen saver for the initial logon screen
(redhat6.0)

Thanks

Neil McFadyen
System Administrator
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario
K1S 5B6
tel: 613-520-2600 ext 5636
fax: 613-520-5715

screen saver for redhat6.0 logon screen

Post by Andy Johnston » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Not to my knowledge, but if you let it go, linux will automattically
blank the screen, and if you have apm setup correctly, it will turn off
the monitor after some time as well.

andy

> Is there a way to have a screen saver for the initial logon screen
> (redhat6.0)

> Thanks

> --
> Neil McFadyen
> System Administrator
> Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
> Carleton University
> Ottawa, Ontario
> K1S 5B6
> tel: 613-520-2600 ext 5636
> fax: 613-520-5715

1. CDE : Screen saver must lock the screen

Hi,

I am running Solaris 2.5 with CDE.

I want to have my screen saver lock the screen for me.

This possibility is mentionned in the "Help" of the Screen-dialog-box
of the "Style Manager" : but only for "Systems with screen lock extensions".

This apparently is not the case for my system.
But I can not possibly figure out why.

Q. : How do I get these "screen lock extensions" ?

2. PerCom MB anygood?

3. Screen Saver vs Screen Blanker

4. kde-redhat and apt

5. screen saver on login screen

6. filesystem size error

7. Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen

8. need help with UNIX text search command

9. Screen lock vs. screen saver question...

10. Screen Savers, Locking Screen

11. Disable screen-saver and low-power standby (monitor black screen)

12. Screen saver turns my screen white !!!

13. Problems with Gnome Screen Saver and XScreen Saver