Jumper-less IDE-controler

Post by Tom Michiel » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I had a lot of problems, making linux recognise my ATAPI CD-ROM
on my second (jumper-less) ide-controller.
In dos/win96 the ide-controller seems to be initialised by a special
program. The only way to make my CD-rom work in linux is loading
the special program in Dos and doing a soft-reboot.
My question is:
 Does somebody know a way to work around this without having to buy a
 new controller?
Thanks!

Tom Michiels

1. Q: PCMCIA IDE Controler + IDE Harddisk

Hello,

here in Japan, there are CDROMs with IDE-PCMCIA cards on the market
available as well as SCSI-PCMCIA cards. What is not availible are
PCMCIA-IDE cards or adaptors to hook up an ide (desktop) harddisk to a
Notebook.

Why is that ? For technical reasons ? Or for marketing reasons (i.e.
the computer industry wants to push SCSI which is more expensive) ?

Thanks,

Tilman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Help: RH5.1/AHA2940U2W bootdisks

3. jumperless IDE-controler

4. ftpd daemons on Slackware 7.1

5. Controler througput question, 5 disks on 1 controler

6. ATAPI cdrom

7. IDE Hard Drive jumper settings for RAID

8. I have problems with my CD-Rom

9. jumpers for ide card

10. Hard Disk Jumper Question on Maxtor IDE as second disk

11. ide cdrom, scsi disks - jumper question

12. description of jumpers for WD Caviar IDE disk?

13. jumpers for ide card