WIN95 (I need HELP!!)

Post by Chris Dur » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Ok. I am new to Linux. I have the a1-a5 disksets of linux-slackware and GZip
and Rawrite. Is there anything else I need? Also, I am running Win95 and I need
help w/ installing linux. I have left the disksets unaltered. I need to be able
to run linux for my personal use, but win95 for my family and myself also. Is
there a way to do this? Could you e-mail me detailed but simple instructions?
Thanx.
Chris

1. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

Howdy
This may be a win95 question
I have 2 win95 boxes logging into a samba "domain" and running login
scripts
I have the two machines both running login scripts and mapping drives
on the samba server no problem at all
but when u add shares that are on other win95 machines it always
prompts me for a password no matter how many times i log into them
it is driving me nuts
i have already deleted the password files on both 95 machines and
tryied it over it still prompts me for a password but only on the
win95 shares the ones on the samba server go thru no problem and no
prompting
if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help
Jeff

2. NetBSD-1.1 (i386) and hard disk..

3. need help on setting up samba and win95

4. glibc-2 and libc-5.4.xx

5. Linux <--> Win95 networking: urgent guru-level help needed

6. automount for AXI 3.2.2

7. Tcp/Ip between win95 and SCO unix 5.0 I need help

8. h8300 support update

9. Help needed: Burning RedHat 5.0 on CD using Win95 programs

10. New to networking: need help w/ linux,win95,linksys.

11. Help needed setting up Win95 client to Linux server using pap

12. NEED: I need a win95 TELNET client that supports SCO ANSI emultation.

13. Win95 PPP client script help needed --> SCO-5 dynamic inbound PPP