RH5 install on 6.4GB HD fails!

Post by Nicklas Norlin » Sun, 05 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I'd sure like some help with this. Just got a WD36400 + WD31600 on my secondary IDE channel.
Want to use the Master drive (WD36400) as a whole linux partition for RH5 ftp install. Everything
works
nice, format and swap setup and badblock checks, mounting. When I try to (and the install progg)
write
on the partition it just screams of errors. Wrong number of inodes and such. I've ready so many
manuals
FAQ's etc. so my eyes bleed!
What is going on?
Please, I'm getting desperate!!!

The new master drive partitions and formats well with FAT32. File creation is successful, BIOS auto
detects
nicely and all. Is there some strange size limit I can't find?

/Nicklas Norling

1. HELP How to install 4GB HD on Sparc 20

I have a 4 GB hard drive (a Sun unit) to install on a Sparc 20/2.4 and I
am a novice at sysadmin.  Is there a web page or a FAQ that discusses addons
and port addressing, SCSI, and general mounting?
I appreciate any info and advice.
John Mack

2. Downloading latest version of Redhat in one file

3. Installing RH5 on SCSI HD with AHA2920a card

4. msdos disk

5. RH5.2 HD Install Failure

6. Staying stable with 3.0???

7. (Newbie)LILO, HD Setup, and RH5 Install

8. kernel 2.4-test1

9. RH5.1 install pb : scsi hd parity error

10. Problem installing rh5.2 from hd...

11. RH5.2 HD install blues..!

12. newbie can't install rh5, HD failure

13. HD not supported in RH5.1 setup -> cannot install