Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Henr » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:36:22



Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
sendmail?
The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Brgds,
Henry

 
 
 

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Bit Twiste » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:03:19



> Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
> sendmail?
> The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
> zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
> definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

see answers give it two other news groups

Multi-posting is antisocial.

If you are going to ask the same question in more than one newsgroup,
crosspost. You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and other readers
see the follow up answers and do not have to provide the same answer.

It makes it much harder to keep track of a discussion.
Also, once a reader has "read" a message in one group, they do
not have to see it again unless someone has provided a follow up.

To crosspost, just add a comma and the other newsgroup(s).

If you do cross post, do not get carried away. Pick suitable groups.
Example: for a scanner
linux.redhat.install,comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

 crosspost.txt

 
 
 

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Chief » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:37:20


26 Jun 2003 14:36 UTC, Henry typed:

Quote:> The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
> zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
> definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Try F-Prot for Linux. Deals with .zip, tar.gz files etc.

Not sure how to integrate it with Sendmail, but there's some nice patches
for available for exim fwiw.

--
I would love to go out with you tonight, but I can't...

I've dedicated my life to linguini.

 
 
 

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Erik Saart » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:56:51



> 26 Jun 2003 14:36 UTC, Henry typed:
>> The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
>> zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
>> definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

> Try F-Prot for Linux. Deals with .zip, tar.gz files etc.

> Not sure how to integrate it with Sendmail, but there's some nice patches
> for available for exim fwiw.

I second that, i'm using it with sendmail with amavisd-new (via milter).
Given that you have necessary unpackers, it can "automagically" unpack
pretty much anything that can be packed. Not too hard to set up either.

However i've noticed (not that it matters much in given context), that
it has problems with loooooong pathnames, when doing virus search over
filesystem(s).

Erik

 
 
 

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Fridrik Skulas » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:29:26



> I second that, i'm using it with sendmail with amavisd-new (via milter).
> Given that you have necessary unpackers, it can "automagically" unpack
> pretty much anything that can be packed. Not too hard to set up either.

It will become easier in the near future.... we are about to release
stuff to make it easier to plug F-PROT into sendmail/qmail/postfix
etc...

Quote:> However i've noticed (not that it matters much in given context), that
> it has problems with loooooong pathnames, when doing virus search over
> filesystem(s).

It does?  Send me the details, please.  There used to be a problem
that it had a built-in limit of a 1000-byte filename, but that should
have been fixed in 3.13.

-frisk

 
 
 

Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Erik Saart » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:46:49



>> However i've noticed (not that it matters much in given context), that
>> it has problems with loooooong pathnames, when doing virus search over
>> filesystem(s).

> It does?  Send me the details, please.  There used to be a problem
> that it had a built-in limit of a 1000-byte filename, but that should
> have been fixed in 3.13.

> -frisk

Am using 4.10, anyway i emailed you the details (just notifying
in case you didnt get my email for some reason).

Erik

 
 
 

1. Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
sendmail?
The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Brgds,
Henry

2. A routing problem

3. Virus Scanners for SendMail/Linux

4. restore text consoles?

5. Virus/Worm Scanners for Sendmail on Linux

6. Editor recommendations

7. Sendmail virus checkerHas anyone any information on a sendmail virus checker

8. IPXrouting?

9. Looking for Sendmail Virus scanner

10. Virus Scanner for sendmail

11. Virus Scanner for FreeBSD and sendmail

12. SMTP sendmail virus scanner

13. NA Linux Virus Scanner?