Installing w2k on a machine with win98 and LM8.1 Linux.

Installing w2k on a machine with win98 and LM8.1 Linux.

Post by A Lo » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 05:56:21

Hi,
  I have win98 on my first hard disk which is my c: drive. I created
another primary partition on second disk and another fat32 for windows
for general purpose. In the remaining space left on the second disk i
installed Linux Mandrake 8.1. The system as of now with win98 and
Linux works great. Now I want to put w2k server on the primary
partition of the second disk. I am wondering, will this installation
*up my existing LILO setup? If yes what should I do get it fixed?

Wishing you all the Best Ever New Year,
CHeers!
A Log.

Post by Bit Twist » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:20:21

> Hi,
>   I have win98 on my first hard disk which is my c: drive. I created
> another primary partition on second disk and another fat32 for windows
> for general purpose. In the remaining space left on the second disk i
> installed Linux Mandrake 8.1. The system as of now with win98 and
> Linux works great. Now I want to put w2k server on the primary
> partition of the second disk. I am wondering, will this installation
>*up my existing LILO setup? If yes what should I do get it fixed?

Build a lilo boot diskette and verify that you realy can boot
from it. Once you use it to boot linux, you can re-install lilo with
/sbin/lilo -v

lilo boot diskette:
        Load a blank floppy into drive and
        lilo -b /dev/fd0
Remove diskette and label it    lilo boot

1. Tri Boot win98,w2k,linux using w2k boot manager?

Hi-  I have system with win98 (first partition on HD, FAT32) and w2k (second
partition on HD, FAT32) on it that I am going to add linux to.  The system is
currently using w2k's boot manager to dual boot the system.  My plan is to use
partition magic to make a third partition for RH linux 6.2, put lilo on that
partition to load RH, and manually modify the w2k boot manager file (boot.ini)
to tri-boot the system (win98, w2k, RH linux) at startup.  Does any one know
the text to add to boot.ini that would allow this to be done?  Thanks in
advance, Larry

2. video problems

3. Installing W2K after Linux and Win98

4. Adaptec 2940u/w help

5. installing Linux, W2K, and W98 in one machine.

6. Hard drive error...?

7. Can I install solaris with w2k and win98

8. Please recommend a SILENT 10/100 Ethernet hub

9. SAMBA - Win98 Machines and ICS through Win98 ok - no Windows network in linux

10. How to install linux 5.1 on win98 machine

11. Installing Win98 on a Linux machine

12. NewBie Q': Install Linux REDHAT 7 on win98 Machine(MultiBoot) on 40 GB HDD

13. safe way to install win98 on an existing linux machine?