I use floopy to bootup my linux. However, everytime I would get the following
warning messages during bootup. Here are some that I can't figure out how to
fix. I would appreciate if you can give me some advice about this:
1. "/etc/fstab doesn't contain fsck passno."
I know that I need to add something to /etc/fstab, but don't know how.
2. "Error: module's 'kernel_version' doesn't match the current kernel...
Recompile the module with the correct 'kernel_version'."
Which module is the module that I should look at? How to recompile it with
the correct kernel version?(I have upgraded my kernel many times, and I did
copy the latest zImage to my bootup floopy.)
3. "_printk, _register_chrdev, _ftape_big_buffer, _unregistration_chrdev,
_current, _jiffies, schedule, request_irq, request_dma, free_irq,
_enable_irq, _free_dma, _disable_irq" Undefined....
I know that I probably included some devices that I don't have during
configuration. But not quite sure what devices do those variables belong
Two other questions:
1. I ran Netscape under Linux. How come the color isn't as good as in Windows
environment where I configure my color display to 16 million? Is this
the nature of XFree86?(I am using SVGA X server, and "ditch to color
cube" in Netscape, since the "choose the closest color cube" option makes
it look even worse.)
2. How to switch between consoles when I am in xterm. Alt+F# doesn't work as
in shell prompt.
Any advice? Please help. I'll very appreciate it!