RH5.2 installation problem

Post by Anita Lewi » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking at the listing on page 53 of my RedHat5.2 manual and it shows no
mount point for swap.  I used fdisk when I partitioned, but I never remember
giving swap a mount point.  I don't think you do that.  Maybe that is the
problem.

I know I had to use fdisk to partition, because I have Windows and didn't want
to disturb it.  So like you I did a Custom Install.  When I partitioned, I chose
82 for swap and I don't recall setting a mount point at all, then or later.

Anita

> Hi All:

>     I got a problem!  I am trying to install RH5.2.  I have a multiboot
> drive to I don't want to use workstation or server install.  Each time I use
> custom install I select my native linux to be / and my swap drive to be / I
> get an error.  Mount failed, invalid argument.  Can anyone tell me how fix
> this.  TIA

> Will

RH5.2 installation problem

Post by will » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi All:

    I got a problem!  I am trying to install RH5.2.  I have a multiboot
drive to I don't want to use workstation or server install.  Each time I use
custom install I select my native linux to be / and my swap drive to be / I
get an error.  Mount failed, invalid argument.  Can anyone tell me how fix
this.  TIA

Will

RH5.2 installation problem

Post by Jeff Jia A » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

leave ur swap alone ... native is / --- at least one of your linux native
partition has to be / that is the root dir ... but swap doesn't need anything.

> Hi All:

>     I got a problem!  I am trying to install RH5.2.  I have a multiboot
> drive to I don't want to use workstation or server install.  Each time I use
> custom install I select my native linux to be / and my swap drive to be / I
> get an error.  Mount failed, invalid argument.  Can anyone tell me how fix
> this.  TIA

> Will

1. RH5.2 Installation Problems

I have been screwing around for the past week trying to get a good
installation going of RH5.2 on my Pentium III/450. I keep getting disk
errors reported at boot time as if I had not shutdown properly previously.
The disk (a Quantum Fireball EX 6.2) has no errors and the machine dual
boots with Windows 98.

I swapped around the Win98 partion to the back and Linux to the front but
still no success. I tried 'linear' - no success. I tried forcing the actual
CHS i.e. 13328,15,63 no luck. Win98 runs quite happily. Kernel is 2.0.36.

Ocassionally the machine boots OK but I'll get errors such as segmentation
faults while running programs. It is a real shame I am getting all this as I
have installed 5.2 on another machine and after a lot of work the thing ran
beautifully.

Any ideas?

Regards,

2. Orchid CDS-3110 cdrom. Experience

3. RH5.2 installation problem

4. hello world

5. Linuz RH5.2 Installation problems

6. How to use voice modem as hands-free phone.

7. RH5.1 Installation problem - fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

8. Help with 'nice'

9. RH5.0 installation problem with /etc/hosts

10. RH5.2 installation problems

11. pls help: Strange RH5.0 installation problem

12. Installation problem with GNAT Ada95/Linux RH5.2

13. installation and mouse problems RH5.0