Accessing/Mounting NTFS partitions with write capability ?

Accessing/Mounting NTFS partitions with write capability ?

Post by Matt Bens » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:59:52

Ok I know it is often said that the ntfs write access is beta only and
problems can occur. But whenever I read through comments about mounting
NTFS partitions (of Win2000)  with write access the people mentioning
only problems with the compress feature of NTFS.

This let me assume that there are hardly any problems when I try to write
to text files which are NOT (!) compressed by NTFS. Could someone
confirm confirm this ? Is writing to a simpel text file WITHOUT
compression and WITHOUT access right permission administration safe ?

Thx
Matt