Strange occurence of the "BIOS32 error"

Post by Andrzej Cichock » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

HI,

  I'm installing Slackware 3.0 on my 486 SX with 8MB memory and 0.5GB IDE disk.
No sound cards, no CD, no nothing except a NE2000 ethernet card (clone).
I install Linux over the NFS, and it works like charm. Except, that during the
first boot AFTER succesfull installation, I get "No BIOS32 extension... sorry"
error, and the network card is not recognized anymore. Hey, I _installed_
it over the net, and now it tells me "you don't have the network card"???
I tried couple of things, like specifying "ether=11,0x300,eth0" option during
the boot, I even replaced /vmlinuz with the one from the original installation
boot disk (net.gz - I _SAW_ it booting all right while insalling!!!), to no
avail though. Always this "BIOS32"...
  Any ideas?

  Thanks,

  Andrzej.