Radio and TV card under SuSE 7.0

Post by Chris Harri » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:33:24

I have recently installed SuSE 7.0, had 6.3 before but reinstalled reather
than upgraded. Anyway I have a Hauppage WinTV card (BT878 IC - from memory)
with a radio tuner.

Problem is that the out of the box installation works fine for the TV part
of the card, but the radio section won't work, tried a few different progs
such as Ktuner etc.. The bttv module is now included in the kernel so the
supplied manual is already out of date. I have tried uncommenting and
modifying the
relevant sections in the module.conf script, but no luck.

Has anybody got a TV/Radio card working under SuSE 7.0? If so how did you do
it, and or what tuner s/ware are you using?

Thanks
Chris

--

Radio and TV card under SuSE 7.0

Post by John Frak » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:19:35

No, I can't even get the TV section to come up.  Worked perfectly under
Suse 6.4.  KWINTV works Ok but xawtv, no chance!  I wouldn't mind a copy
of your ,xawtv file if you are a UK resident please.
--
John J. Frake

Radio and TV card under SuSE 7.0

Post by John Frak » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:52:32

A fix exists on SuSE's web site that cured my problem!  May fix this one
too, if it si not a config problem.
--
John J. Frake

1. SuSE 7.0 and TV/Radio cards

I have recently installed SuSE 7.0, had 6.3 before but reinstalled reather
than upgraded. Anyway I have a Hauppage WinTV card (BT878 IC - from memory)
with a radio tuner.

Problem is that the out of the box installation works fine for the TV part
of the card, but the radio section won't work, tried a few different progs
such as Ktuner etc.. The bttv module is now included in the kernel so the
supplied manual is already out of date. I have tried uncommenting and
modifying the
relevant sections in the module.conf script, but no luck.

Has anybody got a TV/Radio card working under SuSE 7.0? If so how did you do
it, and or what tuner s/ware are you using?

Thanks
Chris

--

2. Variable *names* in {tc,c}sh

3. TV/Radio card under SuSe 7.0

4. Using Wrapper

5. TV and Radio card under SuSE 7.0

6. Other boot manager than LILO?

7. Hauppauge TV/Radio Card

8. delete my subscription

9. TV+Radio card under redhat 7.1...

10. Hauppauge TV/Radio Card

11. Q: TV and/or Radio cards?

12. Which Radio/TV Tuner Cards Work with Linux?

13. Pace TV & radio card under RH 6.1