Getting installed Caldera Network Desktop Preview II with a 3c589B

Getting installed Caldera Network Desktop Preview II with a 3c589B

Post by Jacques Henk » Thu, 07 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

I have got a Lion6500- Notebook and I am using a 3c589B-PCMCIA-card.
I want to install the Caldera Network Desktop via NFS.
So I have to use the Card. The default values are Irq 10 and I/O-Port
280.
But the linux is using port 0x2e0 and irq 3.
So when I want to Mount a NFS directory, this message appears:

mount clntupd_create: RPC:Port mapper failure RPC: Timed out

I have tried to give linux the irq and the port-adress as
boot-parameters:

linux ether=10,280 or
linux ether=10,0x280h

but it didn't get it.

Could anybody help???

Thanks

Jacques

Unternehmensberatung fuer integrierte Systeme
UBIS GmbH
Jacques Henke
Alt-Moabit 98
D-10559 Berlin
tel: +49 30 399 29 - 753
fax: +49 30 399 29 - 900

www: http://www.ubis.de

1. Caldera Preview II

      Well, we are approaching the end of the month, when should I expect the
second preview in my mailbox?  What features will it have?  Will help work?
Will http still be run by default?  What the hell?

2. Windows 95 Info Guide

3. Caldera Preview II problems

4. Using LPR on the a PC printer

5. Caldera Preview II

6. oneko

7. Caldera Preview I --> II

8. How to play .aif audio files?

9. Ask for opinions about Caldera Preview II

10. Caldera Preview II IPX config

11. Caldera Preview II and Diamond video

12. Does Caldera Preview II supports multiple logon to Novell Server

13. Anyone Using Caldera's Network Desktop?