Joystick Support for Red Hat Linux 2.1

Post by Alan G. Smit » Sun, 23 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have Red Hat Linux v2.1 running on a Digital Starion 200 that is
outfitted with a Sound Blaster 16 sound card. Attached to the sound card
is a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. I have downloaded joystick-0.7.2
version of joystick support for Linux. When an insmod of joystick.o is
attempted, I receive a message indicating that several symbols are
undefined. The joystick-0.7.2 README states that the undefined symbols
should be added to the /usr/src/linux/kernel/ksyms.S file and the kernel
recompiled. However, the ksyms.S file is non-existent on my system. Has
anyone else run into this problem? If so, and you have a solution, your
assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--
Alan G. Smith

1. prob w Netscape 2.1 and Red Hat Linux 2.1 (kernel 1.2.13)

After having downloaded Navigator 2.1 for Linux from the netscape server,
I can run netscape but when I do commands in other windows I get messages like

% ls
ls: can't map '/dev/zero'
ls: can't map '/dev/zero'
ls: can't load library 'libc.so.5'

Anyone seen this before?

2. WYSIWYG Widget

3. Red Hat 2.1 support of EATA DMA SCSI controller

4. measuring small time intervals

5. Installing DEC Server to boot by Linux(bootp/tftp)

6. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

7. Permuted indices

8. Tex Shell for Red Hat Linux 2.1

9. Red hat linux 2.1 install

10. HELP problems with Red Hat Linux 2.1

11. GCL Common Lisp Version 1.0 and Red Hat Linux 2.1

12. glibc-2.2.1 RPM and Red Hat Linux 7.0