How to write a chat script to redial

Post by Lee Pak Y » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Anyone knows how to write such a script (used by chat) which can redial when connecting to the
ISP? This may be quite convenient since the server is sometimes busy!

Thanks.

How to write a chat script to redial

Post by Frank Ha » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone knows how to write such a script (used by chat) which can redial
>when connecting to the ISP? This may be quite convenient since the server
is sometimes busy!

Why reinvent the wheel.  At least on my distribution (Slackware), there
is a script in /usr/sbin called redialer.  It will do what you need.
You can tell it how many time to redial and I think you can have multiple
phone numbers.

--
Frank Hahn

1. PPP Chat Scripts and Redialing

Ok, I've heard this is possible, but all of my searches on the web and looking
in the NAG have come to naught... so, I turn to you. :)  The basic question is:
Is it possible to set up chat to auto-redial after a busy signal, and if so,
how would one go about such a thing?

It's probably not relevant, but I'm running Debian 2.0 and have a fair idea of
how the chat script works/is set up (though I did use their pppsetup utility
to make the one I have).

Noah Stacy

2. Kernel woes

3. Redialing ppp/chat script?

4. FAQ: comp.lang.awk: pointer

5. how to make chat redial when the line is busy

6. Redhat 7.1, where's the FTP server gone?

7. Redial with chat and pppd

8. PS/2 Dist for Linux?

9. ppp in chat mode, how to debug chat script

10. Chat Auto-Redial

11. PPP+chat: How to redial 2 or more numbers

12. PPP/Chat: Working chat script Linux==>SCO?

13. PPP's chat will sleep for about 1 minute b4 redial