RedHat 4.0 & SCSI & Ethernet & 32 Bit FAT problems

RedHat 4.0 & SCSI & Ethernet & 32 Bit FAT problems

Post by Andrei Lenke » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

I have an HP Pavillion 7360.

I've installed RedHat 4.0 from the Infomagic December disk set but I'm
having problems with my SIIG SCSI BusMastering IDE card the 3c509b ethernet
card.

For the SCSI card when I select the AdvanSys driver I get a kernel panic
message saying something like "no devices in ...." and then it freezes :(

It just won't detect the Ethernet card.

Also I can't mount my C: drive. I've tried -t dos and -t umsdos but mount
just complains that it can't find a valid filesystem. When I look at
partition table with fdisk the type is "unknown". Should/can I set it to
16 Bit FAT > 32MB? I only wan't to mount it read-only anyway so I can't
*it up from Linux (been there, done that on my Laptop with an "rm -rf"
in the wrong place)

Many thanks in advance,
Andrei Lenkei