win2k + linux: how to boot from win2k os loader

win2k + linux: how to boot from win2k os loader

Post by danie » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:30:09

I successfully installed redhat 7.0 on a system which had win2k. I didn't
get the option of choosing where to install LILO. The installation was ok
and I can now dual boot from LILO. I want to restore control to the WIN2k
OS loader. How do I do that? I am afraid that if I just unistall LILO I
will make the whole system unbootable.

http://www.enterprisedt.com/publications/dual_boot.html

--
Mvh. / Kind regards
Henrik Farre

Webpage: http://Welcome.to/Webbench

1. Linux and Win2K booting, w/o NT Boot loader

Sorry, I posted a few days ago but didn't get the exact information I was
looking for. My bad... I phrased the questions wrong.

So... I have a nifty new Sony PCG Z600TEK here in France. It came with Win2K
installed. It has a nice big 20GB disk split into 2 FAT32 partititions of
12GB (Win2K) and an 8GB partition with, it seems, nothing on it.

I want to dual boot to Linux and Win2K. I *do not* relish the idea of
copying boot.ini over to the Win2K partition every time I change it (I do
that quite often), so I was wondering what the alternative there is to using
LILO on the MBR without trashing my drive and still being able to boot
Win2K. Booting from floppy is not really an option as the Z600TEK has an
external floppy and I do not wish to carry it around with me.

I have yet to see the process for doing this posted anywhere after a search
(just the NT boot loader version) so I would appreciate someone who knows
giving a yell.

Thanks in Advance!
Daryl.

2. PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THESE FOR ME......CANT FIND ANYWHERE!

3. Install Win2k/NT loader to boot linux

4. Linux pthread* Sources?

5. Install Win2k/NT loader to boot Linux

6. Trouble with wildcards in csh

7. Vmware: Linux on Win2K or Win2K on Linux?

8. Unix Accounting

9. RH 6.1 and Win2K Boot Loader Problems

10. booting 3 OS's on one machine win98-win2k-linux

11. booting 3 OS's on one machine win98-win2k-linux.

12. which MBR loader with Win2K NTFS+Linux?

13. Windows 2000 has 63,000 bugs - Win2k.html [0/1] - Win2k.html [1/1]