DataFlex VoiceSurfer Modem with Linux

Post by Mick Gowe » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am very new to Linux having installed SuSE 5.2 the other day. I am
having a lot of trouble getting my modem to dial.

Having gone through the manual, which states it needs Windows 95 to run,
I am slowly forming the opinion it may be a sort of winmodem, but not
knowing what one of them is I am struggling.

Has anyone else managed to get a Dataflex Voicesurfer 34 up and running.
-Mick-
--
Mick Gower        Indian Recipes - http://www.dexter.demon.co.uk/india
The chieftain had been turned into a pumpkin although, in accordance with

1. Motorola VoiceSurfer 28.8 modem?

Hello,

Has anybody gotten a Motorola VoiceSurfer 28.8 modem to work with linux?
I tried to get it to work with a chat/pppd script and it hangs up after
sending a login to the xylogic annex.

This is for a friend not me, as I have it working okay with another ISPs
xylogic annex, but I have a USR 33.6.  This script is basically the same
as what I am using, so I don't get why it hangs up.  Also, the modem takes
*so* long to initialize before deciding to dial.  Could there be an IRQ
problem here?

thanxs, in advance,
regards, Brian

Brian Olmsted, 4th year Honour BSc, Computer Science, Brock U

www.cosc.brocku.ca/~bolmsted

2. Running Star Office under Redhat 5.1 with ViRGE

3. RedHat and Internal Dataflex Modems.....

4. Missing parent directory

5. Modems, DataFlex and Aztex

6. ez bios

7. SCO DataFlex on Linux?

8. Thanks!

9. Linux with Dataflex V34 Voice Surfer ??

10. Dataflex with Linux

11. DataFlex Trouble in Linux-Win98 network ...

12. Running Dataflex on Linux

13. DataFlex SCO binary under Linux: Reports?