Install Probs. With AcerMagicS20 cd-rom interface

Install Probs. With AcerMagicS20 cd-rom interface

Post by Brad Jenkin » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

    Help!!  I am trying to install Linux, and my cd drive is a
TEAC CD-55A connected to an AcerMagic S20 sound card via a
Panasonic interface.  If anyone could help me out, I would
greatly appreciate it.

1. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

Hi,

  I can't install my Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with the following SCSI
related configuration :
  1) 1 Adaptec 1542C controller
  2) 1 240MB SCSI-2 hard disk
  3) 1 Sound Blaster 16 AIC-6360 sound card
  4) 1 NEC SCSI-1 CD-ROM (I say it is SCSI-1 because ezscsi.exe provided by
     Adaptec detects it as a SCSI-1 one without support for parity checking).

  I have tried to install Linux with the following two configurations :
  1) connect the CD-ROM to SB16 card and the hard disk to 1542C controller :
     I typed the command
     Linux aha152x=0x340,11,7,1
     to boot Linux but failed after a long period of detecting my CD-ROM
     and dumped a lot of messages about the queue status.
     I noticed that the parity checking is enabled.

  2) connect the CD-ROM and hard disk to 1542C with parity checking disabled
     while just connect the sound output from CD-ROM to SB16 card only :

     I used the default booting process and it failed a lot faster and told
     me that it can't mount the CD-ROM (kernel panic : unable to mount VFS).

  These two configurations work fine under both OS/2 2.1 and DOS/Windows.

  Now I need help to the following questions :
  1) How can I install Linux using this CD-ROM with such config ?
  2) Which other CD-ROM distribution can I use to install Linux ?

  One of the major reasons to buy CD-ROM is to run Linux. Failing to do so
frustrated me a lot. Please help me !

Thanks in advance,
   Eddie

2. Linux-FT Install problem: hangs after writing superblocks etc on new filesystem

3. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

4. Question

5. PCMCIA CD-ROM install probs

6. Wanted: Tree of C-functions

7. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

8. vrsh

9. Install prob. w/tmc1680 & chinon CD-ROM (Yggrassil)

10. Prob. with CD-ROM during install

11. Reveal 4XCD-ROM & Slackware 2.3 CD-ROM Install

12. CD-ROM mount needs source <--> source needs CD-ROM mount

13. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?