Help!! I am trying to install Linux, and my cd drive is a
TEAC CD-55A connected to an AcerMagic S20 sound card via a
Panasonic interface. If anyone could help me out, I would
greatly appreciate it.
I can't install my Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with the following SCSI
related configuration :
1) 1 Adaptec 1542C controller
2) 1 240MB SCSI-2 hard disk
3) 1 Sound Blaster 16 AIC-6360 sound card
4) 1 NEC SCSI-1 CD-ROM (I say it is SCSI-1 because ezscsi.exe provided by
Adaptec detects it as a SCSI-1 one without support for parity checking).
I have tried to install Linux with the following two configurations :
1) connect the CD-ROM to SB16 card and the hard disk to 1542C controller :
I typed the command
to boot Linux but failed after a long period of detecting my CD-ROM
and dumped a lot of messages about the queue status.
I noticed that the parity checking is enabled.
2) connect the CD-ROM and hard disk to 1542C with parity checking disabled
while just connect the sound output from CD-ROM to SB16 card only :
I used the default booting process and it failed a lot faster and told
me that it can't mount the CD-ROM (kernel panic : unable to mount VFS).
These two configurations work fine under both OS/2 2.1 and DOS/Windows.
Now I need help to the following questions :
1) How can I install Linux using this CD-ROM with such config ?
2) Which other CD-ROM distribution can I use to install Linux ?
One of the major reasons to buy CD-ROM is to run Linux. Failing to do so
frustrated me a lot. Please help me !
Thanks in advance,