Where are gcc and gnat?

Post by Rus » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:19:06

This may be a very dumb question, but I just can't seem to figure it
out on my own. I recently installed Mandrake 8.0, and I had everything
installed except the server stuff. Now I want to try out gcc and gnat
(GNU Ada), but I can't find them. gcc is not in my path, and neither
is gnat (is that the name of the executable?). Would someone please
give me a clue as to where these compilers are located? And why
weren't they included in my default path?

BTW, where is a user suppose to find out about this stuff? I tried the
online help, but as usual it didn't help. Also, I'd appreciate an
email with the answer because I am using google groups and the update
rate has to be expressed in geological time. Thanks.

Where are gcc and gnat?

Post by Swif » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 23:09:04

Quote:> This may be a very dumb question, but I just can't seem to figure it
> out on my own. I recently installed Mandrake 8.0, and I had everything
> installed except the server stuff. Now I want to try out gcc and gnat
> (GNU Ada), but I can't find them. gcc is not in my path, and neither
> is gnat (is that the name of the executable?). Would someone please
> give me a clue as to where these compilers are located? And why
> weren't they included in my default path?

Perhaps those compilers aren't installed on your system? (~$ is
the prompt
        ~$ rpm -q gcc
        ~$ rpm -q egcs
        ~$ rpm -q gnat
).

--
 SwifT                     -    Key-ID CDBA2FDB
 LUG: http://www.lugwv.be  -    http://www.keyserver.net

Where are gcc and gnat?

Post by JLuci » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:09:32

Quote:>This may be a very dumb question, but I just can't seem to figure it
>out on my own. I recently installed Mandrake 8.0, and I had everything
>installed except the server stuff. Now I want to try out gcc and gnat
>(GNU Ada), but I can't find them. gcc is not in my path, and neither
>is gnat (is that the name of the executable?). Would someone please
>give me a clue as to where these compilers are located? And why
>weren't they included in my default path?

>BTW, where is a user suppose to find out about this stuff? I tried the
>online help, but as usual it didn't help. Also, I'd appreciate an
>email with the answer because I am using google groups and the update
>rate has to be expressed in geological time. Thanks.

I just has the same problem with g++ in Mandrake 7.0.  I sorted it by
going into the Package Manager, searching for packages containing g++
and installing them.  I also had to install the packages containing
iostream.h and libio.h (the C++ libraries).

Worked like a charm.

HTH,
JLucien.

1. GCC 2.6.2 / libc / GNAT Ada Problem

Hello,

I am trying to install GNAT 2.00 on my Linux partition. I had an older
version of GNAT working but this new version requires a whole lot of
new things:

I installed GCC 2.6.2 with success.

I have kernel 1.1.18 from the Slackware 2.00 installed.

I have installed GNAT-2.00.

Now when I invoke gcc to compile Ada code the following
appears:

  gcc: using incompatible library '/lib/libc.so.4.5.26'

   Desire minor version >= 6 and found 5

A similar message appears for C programs.

Now could someone explain exactly what files, from what
archive, I must get to meet the desires of GCC so it will
allow me to compile Ada! Please also include instructions!

Please email me any help at the address in my signature.

Thanks for any advice.

--

2. My cdrom only recognized after dos recognizes it

3. Gcc & Gnat (Ada) ??

4. rxvt

5. GNAT/GCC 3.12p (AS -assembler/path problem)

6. Linux version question. . .

7. gnats 3.2 and gcc version 2.95.1 19990816 problems compiling

8. bootdisk / lilo with lba32

9. gcc 2.8.1 and GNAT

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Gcc/what am I doing wrong???

12. Am I stupid or is this a bug in gcc ?

13. GCC vs. MSVC++ -- I am very disappointed