New Kernals

Post by Alou » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi;

Current I am using Kernel version 2.029 from slakware. Does any one know what
is the latest version of kernals available and where..?

Thank you..

New Kernals

Post by Alexander Vi » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

2.0.33
linux.kernel.org
ftp.funet.fi
sunsite.unc.edu
tsx-11.mit.edu

New Kernals

Post by Adoram Roge » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hi;

> Current I am using Kernel version 2.029 from slakware. Does any one know what
> is the latest version of kernals available and where..?

> Thank you..

KernEl 2.0.33 from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.0/

HTH, Adoram

1. HELP : Kernal Panic when rebooting with new Kernal

I went through the steps to build a new kernal.  I copied the
old kernal to a *.old file and put the new kernal in the /boot
directory.  When I rebooted with lilo I got a kernal panic.
My first idea was to use the boot disk I made when I installed RedHat
4.1 to boot the system and then put the kernal back in place.
I booted from the floppy and typed rescue at the lilo prompt, but
it just went to the installation screens.  Can I save my system
or should I reinstall?
Thanks,
Jim

2. dual processors

3. HELP - New kernal - CDROM setup

4. Soundblaster Live! - Which One ?

5. new kernal error:zImage

6. What is this that is comming up

7. ??? New kernals, X & memory usage

8. crossplatform language

9. error on startup / after compiling new kernal

10. Compiling new Kernal problems

11. New Kernal Upgrade

12. Warnings after new kernal install

13. A problem while compiling a new kernal?