FTP installation of RedHat 4.0

Post by Particle M » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi

My friend has a laptop, and since he does not have a CDROM, and I do, we were going
to try either an NFS or FTP installation of the 4.0 distribution from RedHat.

Our stopping point in the installation is where it asks us for his network adapter
type.  It gives a list of different kinds of adapters, but he has an IBM Home and Away
PCMCIA ethernet adapter, and that is not in the list.  I have been looking around on the
internet to possibly find some copatabilities with other cards, but have not been
able to do so.  Also, do I need to pass it any parameters upon boot-time?  I'm not
sure how to figure out what IRQ/base addr it (the card) is on.

Does anyone know of how I might configure this card to run or emulate another?  Do
I need to go to 5.0 to get the drivers on the boot/root disks?

Please email in reply

Thanks
Collin

--
Collin VanDyck                    | Trying to make a woman
CS Major, Georgia Tech            |   match your moves

1. redhat 4.0 doesn;t recognise my CDROM cdu33a after installation

Red Hat 4.0 cannot recognise my cdrom (sony cdu33a ) after installation
During booting up , the message said

insmod : initialization of cdu31a failed
mount : the kernel doesnot recognize /dev/cdu31a as a block device
        (may be "insmod device' ?)

When I go to build a custom kernel , I discover that there is no file at
/usr/src/linux

So what should I do to make my cdrom become accessible
(I have purchased applixware for redhat linux but I dunno how to install
it!!!)

please help me , thanks!

Shiu kwok woon

2. apache and tomcat

3. Redhat 4.0 installation problems

4. installation prob with apache 1.3b2

5. HELP - Redhat 4.0 Installation Problem

6. SCSI problem? fas VS QLGC,isp ...

7. Redhat 4.0 Installation CD-ROM Problems

8. holding and moving MS mouse can't select item in pull-down manuel

9. LILO Installation in RedHat 4.0

10. Strange Installation Behaviour of Official RedHat 4.0 - Help!

11. post-installation help redhat 4.0

12. Redhat 4.0 Linux installation error

13. RedHat 4.0 installation from HD