RH5.0 installation problem with /etc/hosts

RH5.0 installation problem with /etc/hosts

Post by Paul Se » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have done a number of installations using RH 5.0 on an old 486 and Cyrix Pentium clone. I have tried numerous configuration options from complex the standard RH default. I have used both the local CD-ROM and an NFS mount. No matter what configuration options that I use the /etc/hosts file never gets configured with the network settings that I assign to it. The /etc/hosts file only gets the localhost entered into it. I have a small network and use the public address 192.168.1.1 for my Linux box (I have al
so configured it with other IPs with the same result).
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
--
Paul Sery
Albuquerque, NM