cc installation problem - cannot exec ld

cc installation problem - cannot exec ld

Post by Mike D. Ki » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've just installed Linux onto my system at home using a distribution
that has been proved to work at the office (Slackware 1.2.3)

When I try and compile anything I get the following error:

cc: installation problem, cannot exec ld: Exec format error

Has anyone any ideas as to why this error is occuring?  I've tried to
reinstall the development disks but this doesnt sort the problem out.

Any help muchly appreciated..

Mike

Post by Brian Kl » Fri, 21 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: -->When I try and compile anything I get the following error:
: -->cc: installation problem, cannot exec ld: Exec format error

: You have a kernel that doesn't understand the ELF format.

Well, make sure you have /usr/ccs/bin in your path first.  Mabey you are
running a wrong version of ld?

My $.02.

--

Murphy's Corollary: