XFree86: ATI Rage II & Rage PRO ?

Post by Snorre Heimsun » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

The beta release of XFree86 has support for the
ATI 3D Rage II chip in the Mach64 server.

Does anyone know if it will be compatible with the
new upcoming ATI 3D Rage PRO chip based boards?

I'm wondering about trading in my current ATI

or a Matrox Millenium-II if there's support.

PS:
When will the card list in the XF86Setup be
updated?  I can't seem to find the "3D Pro Turbo"
card (only the "3D Xpression")..

Thank you for any help :-)

--

1. XFree86: ATI Rage II & Rage PRO ?

The beta release of XFree86 has support for the
ATI 3D Rage II chip in the Mach64 server.
(shouldn't this server soon be renamed to "Rage"?)

Does anyone know if it will be compatible with the
new upcoming ATI 3D Rage PRO chip based boards?

I'm wondering about trading in my current ATI

or a Matrox Millenium-II if there's support.

I only get 16bpp resolutions.  What can I do to
achieve 24bpp and 32bpp resolutions?

PS! When will the card list in the XF86Setup be updated?
I can't seem to find the "3D Pro Turbo PC2TV" card (only
the "3D Xpression")..

Thank you very much for any help :-)

--

2. Tulip troubles

3. HELP: XFree86 3.3.1 & ATI 3D Pro Turbo (3D Rage II+DVD)

4. RAM for 433a

5. ATI Rage 3D Rage Pro and XFree86 4.1.0 problems

6. backgroud task on demand?

7. ATI 3D Pro Turbo / Rage II + Xfree86 ???

8. xdm and greeterlib

9. Red Hat 7, XFree86 4.01 & ATI's Rage Fury Pro

10. XFree86 & ATI Rage 128 Pro -- Friends!

11. XFree86 4.0 & ATI Rage Pro (LONG)

12. XFree86 & ATI Rage Pro 3D

13. ATI 3D Rage LT Pro & xfree86 4.01 problem