umsdos boot up, hang at mounting /proc ?

umsdos boot up, hang at mounting /proc ?

Post by Jiangeng S » Mon, 27 May 1996 04:00:00

I am still having trouble installing linux 1.2.13 on
a ps/valuepoint 433dx. However I did it on a pentium.
The only difference betweent the two in the boot up
is that the ps/vp stop  at VFS: mounted root (umsdos system),
while the pentium continue on to mount /proc . What could
be wrong that the ps/vp won't mount /proc? The fstab
on the ps/vp is like
/dev/hda1        /        umsdos        defaults   1   1
none             /proc    proc          defaults   1   1

should there be some tabs or some other un-print characters?
I can see only spaces in the file.

thanks in advance

1. UMSDOS system freezing where it would mount /proc HELP!!

Well, I used the setup program off the rootdisk and prepared the DOS
partition to receive Linux and all is well again.  It would up being
pretty simple, but I guess I really need to learn more about repairing
the umsdos system.

--

| Automation Librarian                 (216) 687-6881 [FAX]
| CSU Law Library              trans.csuohio.edu [ANON FTP]
| NeXTMail and MIME ok

2. Help: GDB failing with kernel 2: - core file in wrong format?

3. Slackware 3.4: FAT32, UMSDOS, Hang after Mounted Root

4. DSL and IP Aliasing vs. Two NICS?

5. umsdos boot hang, help!

6. auto logout

7. /proc/mounts or /proc/mtab

8. Display resizing without killing the monitor...

9. Mounting proc fs to /mnt/root/proc ?

10. Solved: mount -t proc none /proc says "only root" // pivot_root

11. Linux boot proc hangs with a SATA disk activated in BIOS

12. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

13. /proc won't mount on boot!