Upgrading Kernel on Red Hat 4.2...

Post by Simon Fost » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I've been trying to upgrade the kernel on my Red Hat 4.2 system
(2.0.30) by applying the 2.0.31 patch but could not get it to work.

 Is it possible to upgrade Red Hat by applying a patch?  If so how?
Is there a patch.rpm?  Where is it?

Incidentally, I eventually got it working by downloading a complete
kernel!  This means my IP masquerading setup works now!!  Why wouldn't
it work on 2.0.30?

--
Simon Foster
Cheltenham

1. Upgrading kernel on Red Hat 4.2

I've been trying to upgrade the kernel on my Red Hat 4.2 system
(2.0.30) by applying the 2.0.31 patch but could not get it to work.

 Is it possible to upgrade Red Hat by applying a patch?  If so how?
Is there a patch.rpm?  Where is it?

Incidentally, I eventually got it working by downloading a complete
kernel!  This means my IP masquerading setup works now!!  Why wouldn't
it work on 2.0.30?

--
Simon Foster
Cheltenham
England

2. Help: pppd won't recognise PPP support in kernel

3. Multiple 3c509 cards with Red Hat 4.2 Kernel 2.0.30

4. intel/solaris binaries on linux?

5. Compiling kernel on Red Hat 4.2 (newbie question)

6. Change Display Mode

7. Recompile Kernel - Bad Data Error (Red Hat 4.2)

8. iso/osi protocol stack for linux?

9. HELP: Red Hat 4.2 kernel/ethenet problem still persists.

10. Red Hat 4.2 Kernel Panic during install

11. Rebilding kernel in Red Hat 4.2

12. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

13. TX chipset not supported by Red Hat 4.2?