enabling face browser in red 8

anyone got a tip for where to do this please ?

Post by Paul Lutu » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:45:52

> anyone got a tip for where to do this please ?

Please try to post a complete inquiry, one with enough information that, if
you were the reader, you would understtand it.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

enabling face browser in red 8

Post by Tim Wunde » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:00:02

Quote:>anyone got a tip for where to do this please ?

You need to use the Standard Greeter, not the Graphical Greeter, for gdm. This can be configured under one of the menus (System Settings?)when logged in as root. Then you can change the face for each of the users. I got it to work once, but didn't like it. I liked the kdm that Caldera uses in eW3.1.1 better than RedHat's gdm and once I figger out how to change the login manager in RH8, I'll be using kdm. YMMV

HTH,
Tim

Post by Brett E. Dufaul » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:21:46

Quote:> anyone got a tip for where to do this please ?

To enable the face browser:

- Run the "hat" menu | System Settings | Login Screen
- Click the 'Standard greeter' tab
- Down at the bottom is a checkbox for 'Show choosable user images (face
browser)' -- click it.
- Click on the 'General' tab
- In the 'Greeter' section, change 'Local' to "Standard Greeter"
- Click the 'Close' button

To set your own "face":

- run "hat" menu | Preferences | Login Photo

Cheers!
--Brett

enabling face browser in red 8

Others can understand it Paul. Why not you?

Post by Paul Lutu » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:27:13

> Others can understand it Paul. Why not you?

Others can grasp how Usenet works, Gavin. Why not you?

If you don't know why someone is posting in a particular way, don't
advertise your ignorance, keep it to yourself.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

enabling face browser in red 8

Post by Gavilo » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:26:32

Others can understand the OP's  request but not you.
I think it is time you pull your head out of your ass.

Post by Paul Lutu » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:39:47

> Others can understand the OP's  request but not you.
> I think it is time you pull your head out of your ass.

It is time for you to stop posting. Go back to watching sports on daytime
TV. Unless that, likw this, is entirely beyond your intellectual abilities.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

enabling face browser in red 8

It time for you to start acting like a reasonable human being. Jerk!

Post by Paul Lutu » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:54:35

> It time for you to start acting like a reasonable human being. Jerk!

It is time for you to look up the word "hypocrite" in a new, multimedia
dictionary. See your picture there?

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

enabling face browser in red 8

Post by Gavilo » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:40:46

get a grip.

>>It time for you to start acting like a reasonable human being. Jerk!

>It is time for you to look up the word "hypocrite" in a new, multimedia
>dictionary. See your picture there?

1. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com

Hi,

I'm trying to get my netscape and/or konqueror to work with the new
sound feature on the Merriam Webster web site (http://www.m-w.com),
but all I get (in netscape) is the plug-in missing window that
redirects me to the netscape web site, which isn't helpful at all.

Interestingly, if I click on regular links to *wav files, my netscape
interpretes them fine and they get played.

Thanks

Wroot

2. GTK color scheme changing.

3. gdm face browser

4. NIS conf problems URGENT

5. video/audio plug-ins for Netscape 4.03 browser

6. AutoCache & lfu: how to efficiently allocate client disks

7. Website uses TL-TTHemalatha for font face, Browser knows TL_TTHemalatha

8. earliest SunOS version for a SPARCstation 10?

9. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

10. Gnome and kde face to face!

11. Zoltrix TV Max with Face to Face on Linux ...

12. Why I did not catch SIGHUP (and why my face is red)

13. Red Faced Bill