Changing default screen resolution for "xdm"

Changing default screen resolution for "xdm"

Post by Jon D. Slat » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been able to install and get xdm running.  My question now is:

How do I change the default screen resolution?

The default appears to be 640x480 and I would like it to default to 1024x768
resolution.

I have tried reordering the choices in the XF86Config file but it does seem to
help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please e-mail suggestions to JSlater(at)Qualcomm(dot)com.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Changing default screen resolution for "xdm"

Post by x » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Rerun Xconfigurator and sellect the screen size and resolution you are looking
for.
--
Ergowolf
www.mindspring.net/~ergowolf/unix.html

Post by Coope » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have been able to install and get xdm running.  My question now is:

> How do I change the default screen resolution?

> The default appears to be 640x480 and I would like it to default to 1024x768
> resolution.

> I have tried reordering the choices in the XF86Config file but it does seem to
> help.

> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Where did you reorder the entries?
It should have been in the "Screen" section. There's a section "Display"
for each bitdepth and in it there's a bunch of modes listed. The first
one in that list is the default option.

Cooper
--
Linux: Proof of intelligent life on earth

1. What is difference between "xdm" and "xdm -nodaemon" ?

Hello !

I have tried both "xdm" and "xdm -nodaemon" in /etc/inittab and also run "xdm" and "xdm -nodaemon"
under bash. And I checked the processes in memory when running "xdm" and "xdm -nodaemon".
However, I cannot find  any difference when using them. I read "man xdm" but it cannot explain
me in detail with examples.

Can anyone tell me what is difference between "xdm" and "xdm -nodaemon" in detail with some examples ?

Thanks for your help !!!

Best Rgds. Louie

2. Graphical apps do not display after su, only if telnet directly

4. Easy question

5. "netstat -nr" should show "default" or "0.0.0.0"?

6. Linux should cost money! (Lots!)

7. Silly Question - How to change "virtual" screen resolution in X11?

8. help! startX hangs up

10. Using "if" in "ksh" to change "for loop" values....

11. How to change default "days until change allowed" for useradd?

12. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

13. Setting "screen position and size" with different resolutions