Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linix

Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linix

Post by Davi » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:15:12

Hi Folks ...

I'm using a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM switch to move between Windows
2000 and Linux 7. When I switch from Linux to Windows and back, I lose
my mouse. How can I re-initialize the mouse, or set Linux or X Windows
to automatically re-initialize my mouse after a KVM switch?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

More to come ...

Stephen G. McDowell

Post by Sinister Midge » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:33:49

> Hi Folks ...

> I'm using a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM switch to move between Windows
> 2000 and Linux 7. When I switch from Linux to Windows and back, I lose
> my mouse. How can I re-initialize the mouse, or set Linux or X Windows
> to automatically re-initialize my mouse after a KVM switch?

> Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Not sure if you can. I have the same problem. Some machines can't handle
having the mouse removed and reinserted. I ended up having to use a
second mouse.

--
I believe the technical term is "Oops!"

1. Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linux

Hi Folks ...

I'm using a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM switch to move between Windows
2000 and Linux 7. When I switch from Linux to Windows and back, I lose
my mouse. How can I re-initialize the mouse, or set Linux or X Windows
to automatically re-initialize my mouse after a KVM switch?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

More to come ...

Stephen G. McDowell

2. PPP-2.1.2b Ultrix-4.4 Trailblazer-Plus HELP

3. Does anybody really know what time it is?

4. What do I do with a core file?

5. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills Mouse in X

6. FS Book: Linux Unleased c1995 Sams Publishing $25

7. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills PS/2 Mouse in X

8. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills Mouse in X

9. belkin box (OmniView 4-port) and linux

10. Belkin 8 Port OmniView Pro

11. Belkin OmniCube (2-port) resets my keyboard rate in Red Hat Linux 7.1