Samba Server Problem

Post by News » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:59:32

Hi all, I just install RedHat 7.2 with samba as a file server, can samba
prompt Windows user to change samba password when user map Network Drive??
also I am trying to build two groups, manager and staff, how can I set
manager group is one of the staff group member, which make the manager group
users can read staff folder which i set the folder owner is staff and
permission is rwxrwx---
Thank you for your attention

Alex

1. Samba Server problem

Hi all :

    I had install RH6.0 on my NB, using PCMCIA NIC ( 3COM-589C ) as DHCP
client.
Everytime I boot my system I have to modify /etc/smb.conf manually for IP
otherwise
Samba won't bind correct interface by itself. How can my Samba server bind
correct IP
automatically? Thanks!

Albert L.J. Chang

2. HELP with MODEM

3. samba server problem: nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_request

4. compatibility of UFS between sparc and x86

5. Samba : cannot access Samba server via NT Domain.

6. Install applications, where do they go?

7. Samba Connection closed between Linux client and Samba server

8. redhat 6.0 on amd k5 166

9. Problem connecting to the Samba Server!!

10. Problems in Win95 connecting to Linux Samba server running PPP

11. Linux Samba Domain Controller Server Problem

12. Problem seeing Samba server from Network Neighbourhood......

13. Samba problem w/netbios-ns-udp server