1. Help- problems using dip with $local set to an ip
I'm using dip under linux 1.3.3.
I go through a net provider who normally provides a dynamic ip address for its
slip accounts. HOWEVER, one can , for example, specify 'cslip <slip ip>'
to get a 'quasi-fixed' ip address (this ip is out of their dialup pool).
My hostname is vulcan, vulcan's ip is 172.16.1.1 .
get $remote<slip ip>
get $local <slip ip>
ifconfig shows sl0 <slip ip> pointopoint <slip ip> mask 255.255.255.0
(as it should)
and everything works correctly.
NOW, the problem:
When I try:
get $remote <slip ip>
get $local vulcan
, ifconfig shows sl0 172.16.1.1 pointopoint <slip ip> mask 255.255.0.0.
However, when I try to ping something outside, there is no response. (but NO
network unreachable error, either)
I can ping vulcan. I can NOT ping <slip ip>; that just sits too.
ifconfig eth0 is also 172.16.1.1 . (there is no network connected, though)
Can anyone clue me into the problem?
Thanks in advance
2. Questions about installing Linux on a StarMax
3. Help: Problems with DIP
4. Ghost-users displayed with 'who' (since 1.3.8x)
5. Mozilla binary for Amiga/NetBSD anywhere?
6. dip dip dip
7. sysfs variable size files, lost dget, ...
8. Dip needs help with dip
9. DIP HELP!!! non-root users of DIP
10. Problems with SLIP and DIP Help... Help...
11. DIP problem: DIP creates bad lock file
12. DIP-3.3.7-uri (was Re: Bizzare DIP/CSLIP problem