wordperfect8 printing problem (fwd)

Post by Christopher Pederse » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Help!

I had NO problem setting up WP8 to print to my non-postscript printer (a
Canon bj200ex).  However....  The printed page is not coming out the same
as the screen.  The font size is correct; the font is correct.  But the
printer seems to be thinking that the page is much wider than 8 1/2
inches - large spaces are left between the letters, and the print runs off
the right edge of the page.

Now according to the format set up in WP8 for
this document, I am printing to an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, with 1"
margins top, bottom, left, and right (and the display reflects these same
settings).  Oddly enough, I get exactly the same output
regardless of what width I set the margins to in my document.

Anyone else had a problem like this?  I have spent about 6 hours trying to
resolve it, to no avail.  Any ideas?  (BTW, I have read Rod Smith's
excellent primer on printing and font setup for WP7; but nothing that he
suggests there seems to have helped)

Thanks, in advance,
chris.

wordperfect8 printing problem (fwd)

Post by Rod Smi » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> I had NO problem setting up WP8 to print to my non-postscript printer (a
> Canon bj200ex).  However....  The printed page is not coming out the same
> as the screen.  The font size is correct; the font is correct.  But the
> printer seems to be thinking that the page is much wider than 8 1/2
> inches - large spaces are left between the letters, and the print runs off
> the right edge of the page.

First, I'm assuming that you're trying to print using a WordPerfect driver
for a Canon-series printer.  If you're printing via Ghostscript and a
PostScript driver, I suggest you try printing to a file and viewing that
file with gv to see if the problem's in the PostScript file or in
Ghostscript.

My first suggestion would be to try using a PostScript driver and printing
via a Ghostscript-enabled queue, assuming your Canon printer is supported
by Ghostscript.

My second suggestion is to check Canon's site for updated WordPerfect
drivers for your model of printer.  They're likely to be listed under "DOS
software" or some such, if they exist at all.  Corel's site may also have
updated drivers.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the digit and following word from my address to mail me

1. HELP: Printing in Wordperfect8

I am having trouble printing in WP8 under Linux 2.0. I have a Lexmark
Optra R+ set to lp
using Printer Create/Edit , then Setup, then Destination. When I click
on Print, WP says the print job has been queued but the printer does not

get fed the file. When I try again, WP queues the file a second time.
When I invoke lpq (to look at the print queue), it reports the queue
empty. My printcap file is

lp|lex|lex|Lexmark OptraR+:\
 :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lex:\
 :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
 :if=/usr/sbin/ps600-filter:\
 :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

 The fact that I am a newbie probably explains my difficulty.

Albert Hurd

2. dlopen: fatal error: referenced symbol not found

3. Remote printing problems (fwd)

4. FS: Book aix, Book x, Book network

5. (fwd) Re: lp problems..... (fwd)

6. wheel chgrp question

7. [Fwd: x86 & printing]

8. Help RedHat 6 hangs at boot

9. [Fwd: Unable to Print in Applications]

10. large page patch (fwd) (fwd) ==>hugetlb page patch

11. fix the compilation of drivers/net/tokenring/tms380tr.c (fwd) (fwd)

12. (Fwd) Another Java security bug - ALL JAVA BROWSERS (fwd)

13. Fwd: BSD Printing system - header page