cron job removes TeX fonts in Redhat 5.0 (MakeTeXPK harassment)

cron job removes TeX fonts in Redhat 5.0 (MakeTeXPK harassment)

Post by Yotam Medin » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Finally I realized why dvips and xdvi frequently call MakeTeXPK to
generate the same font. In Redhat (may be other Linux distributions
too) there's the following cron job:

   pentini:103> cat /etc/cron.daily/tetex.cron
   #!/bin/bash
   # Remove and TeX fonts not used in 10 days
   /usr/sbin/tmpwatch 240 /var/lib/texmf/fonts /var/lib/texmf/texfonts
   exit 0

For small sites such as non-networked personal computers,
a 10 day life is too short...

--
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------,

1. I've lost my root cron job on Sco Openserver 5.0 - can you help?

Can anyone email me a copy of the default cron job that runs as root on
Openserver 5.0. Not only is it no longer running, but the original file has
gone AWOL.

I would very much appreciate a copy, as our root  filesystem is getting in
a mess, and I may have to reinstall (which I don't know how to do anyway as
I didn't install it in the first place).

Thanks.

-
John
http://www.jelnet.demon.co.uk/johnairey/
ICQ UIN 4377609

2. Control-A1, S-Link, /dev/controla0

3. Cron job to remove core files ..output error emails help

4. WINE error trying to run a windows program. Help, please.

5. Creating X fonts from TEX fonts

6. How to get prompt to show pwd at all times?

7. Vixie-cron daemon error Installing Redhat 5.0

8. Synchronous serial cards for PC's running LINUX

9. Why would RedHat cron jobs start ppp autodial?

10. Difference between cron job and real time job

11. RedHat 5.0 and possible font problems

12. netscape font munged in RedHat 5.0

13. setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL