Prob with network install to SPARC ELC

Post by Jacques Fortie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

    I picked up some old SPARCstation ELCs and I'm trying to do a
network install to them.  I got a copy of RedHat 6.0 for SPARC.  I got
my rarp working fine, and set up tftp to serve the 32bit kernel to the
sparcstation.  I also have nfs exporting /mnt/cdrom.  I then power on
the sparc and do a `boot net`.  The hard disk on my intel (install host)
whirs away, the progress counts up on the sparc to 16c000 and then the
dang thing tells me "The file just loaded does not appear to be
executable." and dumps me back to the ok prompt?  Does anyone have any
ideas?

    Thanx,
        Jacques

1. fs: sparc elc or slc?

I have a sparc forsale model #4/20fm-8

 all built into case (17" mono monitor)
                       scsi expansion port
                       ethernet
                       sound
                       etc

New mouse and keyboard (no memory or drives)

  $200.

2. ping locks w/masquerading and not hooked up

3. Sparc ELC DSR line

4. RH 6.0 FTP server

5. Diskless Sparc-ELC is s-l-o-w on Solaris-2.6?

6. FileRunner-2.5

7. Sparc ELC, Serial ports & C

8. hostess_sv11: update last_rx after netif_rx

9. YO! Sparc 1+, 2, ELC Hardware Questions!!!

10. Solaris on SPARC Station ELC?

11. 2 ?s on SPARC ELC: odd errors & modems

12. RedHat SPARC Linux on an ELC, anyone?

13. CD-ROM Drive compatible with both Mac & Sun Sparc ELC ?